Indoor air quality has become a very hot topic over the last few years and as consumers we struggle to ensure that the ones we love are breathing, living and feeling their best.
We developed Swordfish to respond to these growing concerns about indoor air quality:
- Levels of pollution inside the home can be 2-5 times higher than outdoor levels. (Environmental Protection Agency)
- 50% of illnesses are aggravated or caused by indoor air. (American College of Allergists)
- Studies have also shown that one gram of duct dust can contain up to 50,000 bacteria. (Cornell University, January 2000)
- 65 million North Americans suffer from asthma (8 million children), allergies or other respiratory issues.
- 65-75% of infections and allergy sources are passed through the air.
- Some HVAC systems have been found to contain up to 27 species of fungi.